I have no idea who Macklemore is, nor what kind of music he(?) plays.
I could not tell you a single song by Ed Sheeran, or what kind of music he plays either. However, I have heard of him. And I think it's a cop out to say he doesn't want to "get political." We're all political, dude!!! He is supposedly worth $400 million and apparently enjoys the success of being famous. You don't have to align yourself with a candidate or party, but you should at least have the nads to say "I think this is right," or "I think this is wrong." Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just stay neutral while raking in boatloads of money... What kind of world does that leave us with??? The exact kind we have!!! Shame on Ed. imho.
Do I think the USA has committed war crimes in Iran? Ha! Absolutely!!! And I wouldn't believe a single word out of Washington if you paid me Ed Sheeran's salary.
I just discovered I forgot to take my meds last night (my second dose of blood thinner). Oops. I think I've only forgotten maybe 3 times since I started a couple years ago.
My regular running routes are all under water. The one I'm still able to use is one I've traveled plenty... but I prefer running along the river and through the trees. It does not get monotonous to me.
I am currently reading Surrender to Love: Discovering the Heart of Christian Spirituality, by David G. Benner. We are going to be doing this as a class at our church next month.
Yesterday I was given Seeking God Together: An Introduction to Group Spiritual Direction, by Alice Fryling. I will read this next... in preparation for leading a Community Group at our church. I'm trying not to freak out about that.
I think I actually watched an entire football game yesterday (mostly) - Dallas vs. Washington. I don't remember the last time I did that. However, it was only because we were feeling tired and lazy and it was about the only thing on. I have a hard time getting into watching a bunch of millionaires make money for a bunch of billionaires. I'd rather not support anything having to do with such...
I do believe money is the "root of all evil."
No comments:
Post a Comment