You've probably heard me say I have lately been having problems with procrastinating. I still manage to get most things done, but it bothers me. So...
I think I may begin experimenting with the Pomodoro Technique. It's basically setting a timer for 25 minutes, then working on one thing and one thing only. Then, when the timer goes off, take a break and repeat.
Wikipedia describes it like this:
The original technique consists of deciding on the task, setting the timer (typically for 25 minutes), working on the task, taking a short break (typically 5–10 minutes) when the timer rings. This repeats until four pomodori are completed, after which a long break (typically 20 to 30 minutes) is taken before starting the cycle again.
Apparently it is supposed to work best if you have an old fashioned kitchen timer or egg timer, but most phones nowadays have timers, there are plenty of apps, or you can just type into google "25 minutes timer" and it starts counting down immediately.
Seems easy enough.
Now, if I can just get started...
1 comment:
Interesting process. May have to give that a try.
Post a Comment