Sunday, January 28, 2018

New glasses



My new eyeglasses arrived. I picked up the regular pair - shown in the top photo - today after church. The sunglasses came in Friday and I picked them up Saturday. I suppose that's not bad since I just ordered them Monday afternoon (see this post). Again, I got them at Costco, and they seem to be pretty good quality glasses.

I think I like them okay. I especially like the sunglasses, because they're not overly dark but they really cut down on glare. I also like the frames. In fact, I wish I'd just gotten those frames with both pair. They are Kirkland Signature, size 53-17-140.

I like the regular ones okay too... but it's taking me some time to get used to the frames. They seem quite a bit heavier than my previous ones, which is never a good thing, but I suppose I will adjust eventually. They are Colours by Alexander Julian (Scrim), size 52-16-140.

The lens area on both pair is similar, and much bigger vertically than my previous glasses. I like that. Also, as has been the case for about the past 15 years, they are progressive lenses (as opposed to single-vision).

The sunglasses are polarized. They are supposed to be different from regular tinted lenses as evidenced by this photo from the website. They really are nice for driving in daylight.


I got the Blue Anti-Reflective treatment on the regular pair and I'm not sure I like it. It's supposed to reduce glare and reflections as well as reducing digital eye strain (from phones, tablets, and computers) while still allowing beneficial blue light to pass through. What I noticed right away is the purple-ish tint when looking in the mirror. I'm hoping this is something I get used to as well.


All in all, I'd say I like both pair. Not that it matters, because I have them now. Fortunately it didn't require much adjustment vision-wise, so I'm planning to use my old pair for running (and sweating).

No comments: